Assertiveness Skills for Women
“Your banquet Keynote, Laugh Yourself Stressless, was definitely a success at both the Seattle and Philadelphia Conferences by providing a light-hearted, inspirational message during the banquet. Your sessions on Assertiveness and on Humor in the Workplace provided a new perspective to many of the nurse participants in these groups.
We look forward to having you at future conferences!”
~ Barbara Knee
Medical College of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Assertiveness Skills for Women
How to get to NO by going through YES
Assertiveness comes naturally to some, but is a skill that can be learned by anyone. The shortest definition is: Assertiveness is the ability to express one’s feelings and assert one’s rights while respecting the feelings and rights of others. When we communicate assertively, we are appropriately direct, open and honest, while clarifying one’s needs to the other person. And, assertiveness is not just about speaking our mind and sharing our beliefs and ideas, it is a way of being, acting and seeing life everymoment, in everything.
The benefits in business and in ones personal life are outstanding, as people who master the skill of assertiveness are able to greatly reduce the level of interpersonal conflict in their lives, thereby reducing a major source of stress; are more confident; have higher self-esteem; more easily risk to change and grow; tend to live longer; create and experience more fulfilling and balanced lives; and they gain mental focus which streamlines their lives on a decision-by-decision and daily basis.
Kim shows how to
· Identify and define your thoughts, desires and needs before speaking
· Clarify ideas before putting them forward
· Move forward with effective communication to state ideas, thoughts and beliefs
· Risk speaking your mind in any situation
· Teach and empower participants to move past old programming and fears of speaking up
· Get to the root of what you really want and make your statement clear and unwavering
· Learn the Top 9 Ways to Say “No!”
· Learn the Imperative Key Between Saying YES and Saying NO
· Keep from being “user-friendly” and being everyone’s caregiver
· Take care of yourself FIRST, so that you’re more for everyone else appropriately
· Use Your 20 Assertive Rights
· Live the 9 Ways to Know Your Authentic Self
Kim, “Dr. DeClutter”, will keep you thinking, laughing and realizing that there are key reasons, risks and remedies to take you from shy, or resentful – because you’re not speaking up – to knowing what you believe, speaking up and being heard.
Each program is customized to the audience and/or event.
Time Frames (More in-depth focus on each area in longer programs)
· Keynote Speech: 45-60 minutes
· Seminar: up to 2 hours
· Workshop: up to 3.5 hours
· Full Day
· Company/Business Applications
· Team Building/Department Focus Training
· Group Needing to Wake-Up for Positive Change and Growth
· Women (Exceptional for Women’s Groups, Spouse Programs, Meetings, Conferences)
· Increasing Communication and Assertiveness Skills
· Increasing Risk-Taking Skills
· Claiming Inner Balance and Lifestyle Wellness
· Efficiency and Productivity
Learning materials, research results, entertaining stories, quotes and analogies are mixed with audience interaction and humor.
The amount of group involvement increases with longer programs.
Kim develops CEU programs for Nurses, Teachers, Counselors and others. Contact to discuss.